Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Why this blog?

For the past two years, I have been blogging on Iran in farsi. Coming across the idea put forward by a fellow blogger, i.e. to write bilingually, I decided to create this blog and to write about my beloved country, IRAN, in English. For abvious reasons, I am concerned about the future of my country and what might happen to it, if things get really out of control, and wish to make my tiny, and very small contribution to a better understanding of this lovely country and its lovely people. I know from experience that there is a lot to ignorance about my country and my people in the West, and recent events, particularly in Tehran, did not help the situation. I think, the time has come for Iranians like me to speak out.I would be delighted to read your comments, or answer any question that you might have about Iran and its culture. I do not promise that I can answer all questions, or can give you sufficient answers. I do promise though that I would do my best. I also promise to be honest and truthful with you as I honestly think that our time, seems to be suffering from a serious " honesty deficit" syndrom!!
Love and respect
Iraj Seyf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home