Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Two mad men....

The stand off between Tehran and Washington is becoming increasingly more dangerous for the whole world. To me it does not matter, whether the American youth is killed in the battle ground, or whether it is Iranian wedding that would be bombed by the US plane- as they have bombed in Iraq and Afghanistan! I would mourn them both. To me, life is the most valuable possession of human being and no one, I repeat, no one, has the right to waste it in this way. Thinking about this, it reminds me of an Iranian saying that a mad man drops a stone into a well, and hundred wisemen could not take it out. What we have got here, is two mad men, one is in the White House and another, is in Tehran. The rest of us, have been caught up in cross fires between the two! While I am 100% against any weapon system, nuclear or conventional, but can not escape the fact that the mad man in Washington is using bullying tactics. At the same time, the mad man in Tehran, in my view, is focusing all his attention on nuclear power in order to divert attention from some serious problem that the Iranian economy is facing or soon would face. Had he had gone for solar energy- that is plentiful in Iran- it would be environment- friendly as well as not giving the mad man in Washington the excuse to bully.
What can I do here, except to write and nag!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home