Saturday, May 13, 2006

Just imagine....

If you can spare a few minutes, just visit:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=364x1062761
and then imagine that this is happening in Tehran, or, in Cairo....
The speaker would be taken out and shot....
But, here in the US, the situation is different. While I remain critical of US foreign policy, and even its economic structure, resembling a mixture of 17th and 22th centuries, I can only admire this aspect of the US system, and I do. I think this is what makes the US political structure so strong and powerful. The strength of the system comes from this and similar freedoms and certianly not from the bombs or the marines....
My dear American friends, make sure that you keep up this good work! This is just great! Do you really blame me if I tell you that I feel enious! I really wish that we had this too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home