Monday, December 25, 2006

I am back!

I am really pleased to be able to update this blog. I know it looks silly, but, I had forgatten my password and username for this blog and in addition was busy with other things too. Hence, could not create new posts. Earlier today, I decided to "invest" a little of my time to try to recover this blog. And I am pleased that at the end, it was a lot easier than I imagined.
But, there are many things that I wish to write about them.
In the Middle East, I am absolutely amazed that if you wanted to "plan" it to go this bad, you would have probably failed. But somehow, President Bush and PM Blair succeeded in creating a situation in Iraq- for instance- that whatever you do now, would be wrong. If the troops are withdrawn now, that would be wrong. If the troops continue to stay, it would be even more wrong. I suggest that somekind of an international prize be established to be awarded to Bush and Blair, for creating such a massive mess in Iraq!
In relation to Iran, after months- or even years of " negotiations, the UN has at last decided to introduce sanctions against Iran unless, it agrees to stop its enrichment programme. Whether this would be effective, remains to be seen, but, I wonder, why the UN does not tackle other "nuclear powers" in the region? On the other hand, the authority in Tehran stated that they would in fact, speed up their programmes. I hope that common sense would prevail before it is too late.
Last but not least, may I take this opportunity of wishing everybody a very merry Christmas and a very happy New Year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home