Friday, March 16, 2007

President Robin Hood!!

In the last two years, Mr Ahmadinejad have travelled extensively inside Iran. At the time of writing, he and members of his cabinet are in the province of Yazd. What they do in these trips is not very clear to me. Wherever he goes, he makes speeches in which he would insists that Iran would not negotiate on her right to have nuclear energy ane every now and then have a go at Israel too. He would also have his cabinet meetings in these provincial cities and comes up with massive amount of financial commitments for the state. For instance, during this current tirp, it was revealed that they have considered and made decisions on110 projects. For most, and in some cases very very exensive ones, no figure was given, but on thost where a figure was attached, the sum comes to a little over 11 trillion rials!
There are two issues here:
- Given the overall tendency of the IR to privatise everything in the economy- ie. the review of Article 44- it seems inconsistent that Ahmadinejad is committing the state to expand in this way.
- Either this budget is already allocated and confirmed by Majlis [Parliament], or, these are new monies. In the first case, it is totally deceitful to reannounce them again. On the other hand, if these are new monies, then, I can only say, God save Iran.
I do not think anyone else can.

4 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Iraj. Are you able to provide an English translation of the 110 projects ratified?

I am a shareholder in an Australian company with an interest in a mining project in Yazd province and am keen to see if it has been included. The project site is at Mehdiabad.

Many thanks

David Sealey
Melbourne Australia

 
At 6:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear David: It is a lengthy document with little overall value, esepcially for non-Iranians- however I do appreciate that you have a special interest. I have carefully checked it again, there is no direct mention of any such project. However, there are references to not very well clarifined projects, one of which may be the one that you have an interest in.

 
At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obviously I meant to say clarified but wrotw something else. I don't what is wrong with this blog, that I find it difficult to post a comment.
Iraj

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Iraj. Much appreciated. The special interest does focus my attention but Iran have a special interest for me from connections with the Persian family who owned the local store in my neighbourhood when I was a child. I am hopeful that our investment will help contribute to the opening up of Iran to the world and betterment of their citizens.


David

 

Post a Comment

<< Home