Sunday, March 23, 2008

Are we the laziest?

I am sure that my compatriots would possibly hate me for saying this. But I do not think there is anyone as lazy as us, the Iranians! It is our New Year. Fine, Happy New Year to everyone, but for god's sake, why everything, including the national newspapers, news sites, are closed for two weeks! Does it mean that nothing is going to happen during these two weeks, or, does not matter, or what? I am out of Iran, but, I fear, many offices may be closed too. Later this month, I guess, there would be another week of holiday to " celebrate the success" of Nuclear policy of the government! Who knows, in the following month there may have to be breaks, because the sanction is becoming too tight, hence, factories may not have raw materials to work with! On the other hand, there are several religious holidays to cope with. I wish someone would tell me where else in this planet, they close everything for two weeks in peace time of get off work in this fashion as we do in Iran?
Sorry folks, I had to take this off my chest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home