Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Virgina Tech Tragedy.

What a shocking tragedy! Being a university lecturere myself, I cannot find words to express my deep sadness of this huge loss of innocent lives. For obvious reasons, the TV news are dominated by this and I was just watching the Sky news. To my absolute amazement I learnt that on average 80 Americans a day die in the shooting incidences and yet, the majority of the American citizens seems to be against any effective gun control! It seems to me to be so strange and a strongly illogical position to take. Just pick up your pocket calculator and you will see that given this average number of daily death, 2400 per month, and 29200 Americans die per year . This is almost equal to 10 atrocities that bewildered the world on the 11 September 2003! How come that the American people and administration embarked upon a highly aggressive foreign policy in response to one 9/11 and seem to be doing almost nothing for nealy 10 such atrocities per year, every year! Undoubtedly the Constitutions should be respected, but is the law for the good of the great American poeple, or should the country suffer this enormous loss of life supposedly to protect this part of the Constitution?
Could you please help me to understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home