Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Not in my name!

So Iran has joined the club! Is that a good news? If the official line is to be believed, many Iranians are congratulating one another for this fantastic achievement and the President has even claimed that " from now on, the language used to negotiate with us" [by the West] would be different. What does he mean? Is he cocking it up again! As a peaceloving Iranian citizen, I am angry, yes, angry because of the way in which things are developing in my beloved homeland. If as Ahmadnejad said frequently, Iran has no intention to build the bomb, then, why should the "language" used by others in their negotiations with Iran, change? On the otherhand, if he is actually saying in the subtext, that " we are going the make the bomb now", then, I am obviously concerned with the future of my country. To me, as a semi-qualified economist, it is disgraceful and criminal to waste limited resources for nuclear bombs when, children do not have proper schools and do not eat proper food and live in the streets in their thousands! [ I am not concerned only with Iran here, Pakistan, India and even the USA have better use for the budget wasted on nuclear and other weapon systems]. To me, it is criminal that when it comes to collecting bodies after a natural disaster, pennies are counted, and yet, billions are wasted in making these bombs or wasted to invade other sovereign countries![I want my American friends to respond here] Nuclear research for bomb making is totally unacceptable to me and for the so-called peaceful use, does not make economic sense. What do you want to do with the nuclear wastes! Bribing corrupt political leaders in the South, and damping your wastes in their back yards is not a solution, you idiots! When these wastes become active, the radio active do not need to book a flight on a BA plane to go anywhere!
Why in a country like Iran, the state does not go for sular energy which is plentiful, cheap, and safe?
Why? Why?

1 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I comprehend your frustration with your onetime country.

I do think, however, that perhaps the Iranian president does have more right on his side, in the sense that the West is becoming ever more bullying and dogmatic, purely for its own interests. I wouldn't be surprised that Bush and Rice (and now Putin) want to invade Iran and plunder and rape its peoples and resources. Let's not let that happen. I, for one, am less worried at the moment by Iran, unless the upping-the-ante by all sides concerned gets too much worse.

You are right to be troubled, too. Ahmadinejad is a demagogue. And the problem with demagogues is that you can't trust them. I am impressed with Chavez and his bloc in South America...HOWEVER I do see worrying trends in that area, too. The Peruvian populist, Ollanta Humala, who wants to align his country with Chavez, also, according to what I heard (if I heard rightly, and I think I did, unfortunately) on CNN, promises to exterminate homosexuals. That is clearly genocidal rhetoric, which is greatly worrying. That kind of targeting of minorities happened in early to mid-revolutionary Cuba (the writer Reinaldo Areinas had to flee to the United States). Too bad. Even the idealists who see hope in South America shouldn't cross their fingers in the face of intolerance and betrayal of the true nature of secular society. Any government that picks on the minorities, because they can't defend or define themselves is a low blow that reeks of scapegoating and bigotry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home